- Location: Sydney (no remote work)
- Term: Full Time Permanent employee or 6-months Internship
- Recruitment Agencies: No
- VISA: Working Visa required (Working Holiday Visa accepted for internship)
Would you like to drive the business development strategy of a fast growing start-up in Australia and beyond? Would you like to help the most renowned brands connect directly to their shoppers to get invaluable real time data, make better sales and marketing investments and deliver higher value to their customers? Would you like to help us build the largest community of store-checkers in the world and create extra money opportunities for millions of people? Do you want to solve one of the biggest problem of the Retail and Consumer Products industry?
Who we are
We want to help brands and retailers grow by delivering higher value and better in-store experience to their shoppers, while creating additional revenue opportunities for everyday people in Australia and beyond.
Our fast growing start-up has been helping some of the biggest companies in the world get real-time point of sale data analytics – Coca-Cola, Mars Wrigley Confectionery (Mars, Snickers, Extra), Pernod Ricard (Absolut Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Havana Club), Ferrero (Nutella, Kinder, Tic Tac) and many more.
In less than 2 years, we achieve the following milestones:
- Awarded Start-Up of the Year at StartCon
- Recognized as Digital Disruptor of the Retail and Consumer Products industry by the Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Selected to be part of muru-d, the Telstra accelerator
- $1M fund raising to accelerate growth
- Partner of Coca-Cola Amatil through their innovation and accelerator program, Amatil X
- 50,000 users on our Mobile App, and an increased popularity supported by the Australian media
- 30+ leading FMCG companies and retailers leveraging the power of Snooper
- An amazing team of 12 whose passion led to these fantastic results and are looking forward to the next Snooper adventures
What we do
SNOOPER is a crowdsourcing platform for brands: our community of shoppers gets paid to collect in-store data and share their experience with brands in real time through our app.
What’s in it for the brands: We are turning marketing and sales into a science – not just an art – by providing real time data analytics to brands at the lowest cost so that they can make smarter sales and marketing decisions. Brands can finally see through the eyes of their customers in real time and take actions to improve their experience in store.
What’s in it for our Snoopers: We create extra money opportunities for our community of shoppers and allow anyone to make money with their smartphones. Download the app, answer a couple of questions while shopping and get paid!
We’re looking for a passionate team member to help our Snoopers provide actionable real time data to leading global brands. We are looking for someone who wants to
- Help brands save up to $300 Billion a year by making smarter sales and marketing investments
- Provide extra money opportunities to millions of people by helping us create the largest community of store-checkers in the world
- Create the largest community of store-checkers in the world
As a business developer associate you will work in direct collaboration with our sales team to:
- Execute our lead generation strategy by contacting potential clients via LinkedIn and e-mail, monitoring industry news to flag opportunities to interact with existing and potential clients (e.g. new product launches), scheduling client catch-ups, as well as supporting any other activity that will enable our sales team to generate and qualify leads
- Build client proposals and develop pricing models that take into consideration client’s challenges, project variables (e.g.: channels, timelines) and impact to our shopper community
- Monitor ongoing campaigns and work closely with our Community manager to ensure we meet our coverage targets
- Monitor ongoing campaigns and work closely with our Operations team and business analysts to ensure we are delivering relevant insights to our clients
- Build insights presentations for our clients
- Truly own the role and be the main point of contact / expert for critical sales tools and activities, such as maintenance of our CRM tool (Hubspot), maintenance of campaign calendar / pipeline, creation of quotes and invoices
- Leverage your expertise as an avid Snooper to identify improvement opportunities that will drive greater experience for both our shoppers and clients
What you bring
- Passion: You are passionate about Snooper and will go above and beyond to deliver the best quality work you can to our clients and community. You have a positive can-do attitude and think outside the box to find creative solutions to issues that pop-up
- Accountability: You are driven, responsible and understand the impact of your work on your team, community and clients. You take deadlines seriously
- Autonomy: You are curious, have attention to detail and strong analytical skills that enable you to create client ready documents with minimum supervision
- Organised: You are well structured, organised and have the ability to deal with ambiguity. – The reality is you’ll be thrown into everything from day one and you need to get tasks done
- Communication & stakeholder management: You have very good communication skills and are comfortable around senior individuals. You’ll happily interact with clients at C-level and bring great ideas to the table. You have strong interpersonal skills, which allow you to work with cross-functional teams
- Team player: You care deeply about people, team and culture. – We are a friendly, hard-working team that rely on each other every day. It’s important that you fit our culture and naturally mingle with the rest of the team
- Join an awarded and fast growing start-up at the beginning of our scaling stage
- Get the ability to be in the driving seat and take ownership to drive sustainable growth – you will have a very high impact on the business, immediately!
- Collaborate with the most renowned brands in the world to solve one of the biggest problem of the Retail and FMCG industry
- Get unparalleled learning opportunities in a fast-paced organisation thanks to stage of the business and span of your responsibilities and by being a key member of the senior team
- Benefit from our connection with the start-up ecosystem, notably the muru-D network (the accelerator backed by Telstra as we had the privilege to be part of the SYD4 cohort)
- Enjoy a great work environment with a fun team and other perks (quarterly team offsites, regular team lunches, weekly Friday drinks and ‘Win of the Week’ celebrations,…)
- Work from our amazing office right in the centre of the Sydney CBD (bright open space shared with great Australian start-ups, barista coffee machine, ping pong table, office bar open every Friday afternoon,…)
Please apply by sending us your CV at email@example.com or contact Laurie Wespes, our cofounder and CEO, via Linkedin if you have questions about the role.
You can also come visit us at our office (Sydney CBD – Wynyard) and let’s catch up to discuss your ambitions.
Please note that we do NOT accept candidates from recruiting firms or agencies.