- Location: Sydney (no remote work)
- Term: Full Time
- Recruitment Agencies: No
- VISA: Working Visa required
Would you like to drive the business development strategy of a fast growing start-up in Australia and beyond? Would you like to help the most renowned brands connect directly to their shoppers to get invaluable real time data, make better sales and marketing investments and deliver higher value to their customers? Would you like to help us build the largest community of store-checkers in the world and create extra money opportunities for millions of people? Do you want to solve one of the biggest problem of the Retail and Consumer Products industry?
Who we are
We want to help brands and retailers grow by delivering higher value and better in-store experience to their shoppers, while creating additional revenue opportunities for everyday people in Australia and beyond.
Our fast growing start-up has been helping some of the biggest companies in the world get real-time point of sale data analytics – Coca-Cola, Mars Wrigley Confectionery (Mars, Snickers, Extra), Pernod Ricard (Absolut Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Havana Club), Ferrero (Nutella, Kinder, Tic Tac) and many more.
In less than 2 years, we achieve the following milestones:
- Awarded Start-Up of the Year at StartCon
- Recognized as Digital Disruptor of the Retail and Consumer Products industry by the Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Selected to be part of muru-d, the Telstra accelerator
- $1M fund raising to accelerate growth
- Partner of Coca-Cola Amatil through their innovation and accelerator program, Amatil X
- 50,000 users on our Mobile App, and an increased popularity supported by the Australian media
- 30+ leading FMCG companies and retailers leveraging the power of Snooper
- An amazing team of 12 whose passion led to these fantastic results and are looking forward to the next Snooper adventures
What we do
SNOOPER is a crowdsourcing platform for brands: our community of shoppers gets paid to collect in-store data and share their experience with brands in real time through our app.
What’s in it for the brands: We are turning marketing and sales into a science – not just an art – by providing real time data analytics to brands at the lowest cost so that they can make smarter sales and marketing decisions. Brands can finally see through the eyes of their customers in real time and take actions to improve their experience in store.
What’s in it for our Snoopers: We create extra money opportunities for our community of shoppers and allow anyone to make money with their smartphones. Download the app, answer a couple of questions while shopping and get paid!
We’re looking for a passionate team member to join our executive team to drive our business development strategy and spearhead our growth in Australia and international markets by leading our sales funnel.
Your role will be to define and execute the business development strategy to drive sustainable growth
- Refine our product portfolio and pricing strategy
- Design the relevant go-to-market strategy to meet our growth objectives
- Identify and prioritize potential new markets, product adjacencies and strategic partnerships
- Provide recommendations on international expansion and drive execution of business development strategy in new countries
- Generate new sales leads and help our team add value to the FMCG industry by promoting Snooper to leading global brands and retailers.
- Manage existing clients to maximize client satisfaction and drive recurring sales
- Build long-term client relationships and position Snooper as a strategic partner in their digital transformation
- Collaborate with C-level executives to help them make smarter sales and marketing decisions
- Understand our clients’ strategy, identify where Snooper can add the most value and share the benefits of our solution to help them overcome their challenges
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contracts
- Manage client relationships end-to-end, from sales to results delivery
- Work closely with our Ops team to ensure the data collected by our community is translated into actionable insights for our clients.
- Collaborate closely with our tech team to develop innovative solutions in line with clients’ needs
- 3-6 years experiences (preferred) – however, we believe in People and potential rather than in number of years of experiences so feel free to apply even if you don’t meet this criteria
- Experience in FMCG and Retail industry (FMCG or Retail professional background or Consulting experience in the industry)
- Passion for results and ready to go the extra mile to deliver value for our clients
- Commitment needed to drive key initiatives to successful outcomes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent business sense and great listening skills to understand our clients’ challenges and help them extract the most value out of our innovative solution
- Very good communication skills as you will be interacting with the top management of leading companies and will be responsible to manage senior stakeholders on a daily basis
- Leadership skills and the ability to inspire and influence key stakeholders and drive decision making among senior executives
- Creative thinking to help our Ops team translate business problems into fun missions for our community
- Very well structured, organized and ability to multitask as you will manage and grow multiple accounts in parallel
- Great sense of ownership, personal drive and autonomy
- Team player caring deeply about people
- Join an awarded and fast growing start-up at the beginning of our scaling stage
- Earn a competitive salary including uncapped bonus (commissions based on sales)
- Get the ability to be in the driving seat and take ownership to drive sustainable growth – you will have a very high impact on the business, immediately!
- Collaborate with the most renowned brands in the world to solve one of the biggest problem of the Retail and FMCG industry
- Get unparallel learning opportunities in a fast-paced organisation thanks to stage of the business and span of your responsibilities and by being a key member of the senior team
- Benefit from our connection with the start-up ecosystem, notably the muru-D network (the accelerator backed by Telstra as we had the privilege to be part of the SYD4 cohort)
- Enjoy a great work environment with a fun team and other perks (quarterly team offsites, regular team lunches, weekly Friday drinks and ‘Win of the Week’ celebrations,…)
- Work from our amazing office right in the center of the Sydney CBD (bright open space shared with great Australian start-ups, barista coffee machine, ping pong table, office bar open every Friday afternoon,…)
Please apply by sending us your CV at email@example.com or contact Laurie Wespes, our cofounder and CEO, via Linkedin if you have questions about the role.
You can also come visit us at our office (Sydney CBD – Wynyard) and let’s catch up to discuss your ambitions.
Please note that we do NOT accept candidates from recruiting firms or agencies.